I love to stuff vegetables such as aubergine, bell peppers or tomato. It is an easy option that looks and tastes amazing! You can stuff it with veggies, your favourite protein and a little bit of quinoa.
As I continue in my transition stage, I am still looking for simple meals that will be warm, healthy and filling. For tonight I will try to make some stuffed bell peppers and a beetroot salad to have all the goodness in one plate.
The recipe is very simple:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Make about ½ a cup of quinoa (Recipe found in this blog post)
- Cut in small pieces: onion, tomato and mushrooms.
- Sautee in a pan with ghee, butter or coconut oil. (This are my preferred fats to cook). Add salt and pepper to taste. Optional: As you are cooking the vegetables, you can add some water and nutritional yeast to give it more flavour.
- If you want a vegetarian dinner add some tempeh. If not, you can add diced free range organic chicken, or grass fed ground beef.
- When the vegetables are ready, mix it with the quinoa.
- Take the bell peppers and cut the top. Be careful not to cut it too far down so you can take advantage of as much as you can. Then take out the seeds and small veins.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the quinoa and vegetable mix. Put the top of the bell pepper back again.
- Place on a tray and leave it in the oven for about 40 minutes or until you see the bell pepper is tender.
This recipe is very easy, tastes amazing and looks beautiful at the table.
As a side, you can serve some raw white beetroot with spinach. Add lemon and balsamic vinegar and you will have a fantastic flavour.